Highlights from Pastoral Address
If you were not able to tune in for the pastoral address last Thursday night on Facebook or You Tube, here is a summary of the highlights. The video is still available on both platforms for you to watch at your convenience. The task force and I met on Sunday to finalize a plan for regathering, and all church members and constituents will receive a letter in the next two weeks with instructions for when we regather.
You can develop a healthy, robust community that lives right with God and enjoy its results only if you do the hard work of getting along with each other, treating each other with dignity and honor. ~ James 3:18 (The Message)
This verse of Scripture summarizes the reasoning behind our slow and thoughtful approach to regathering. We want to be a healthy community, which means we will do everything possible to keep you healthy! Here are a few things to expect when we regather:
• We will only meet at 11AM for worship with a maximum of 50 people. Because of this limit, not everyone who wants to come will be able to do so on the same Sunday. We’re working on a plan of how best to do this.
• We will not be able to offer children’s church, a nursery, small groups, or Sunday school classes yet.
• Masks will be required for everyone in attendance. If you do not have one, we will provide one for you.
• Frequently touched objects like hymnals, pencils, and envelopes have been removed from the sanctuary.
• Ushers will meet you at the designated entrances, show you to your seat, and let you know when your row can leave.
• Some pews will be marked off not to use to ensure physical distancing.
Be on the lookout for more information, and eventually a date, for when we will regather. Thank you for being such a wonderful church, which includes but is not limited to a building!
all good things to each of you,